Monday, March 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES!

We had our new Community Life Group begin last night! What a blast! I got to know some people better than if I only said 'hi' to them at church. I never used to like the small group setting before!

I love it now!

Why the change?

Well, in total honesty versus lying to your face, I was just too selfish before! Yep!! Selfish. Who's going to be there? Will I be able to hang out with only those I know really well and like? Etc. And quite frankly, it was based upon insecurity.

A few years back I noticed that everytime I didn't want to go to a function where it was a smaller group setting, I would come back revved up, excited. I'd had a ball even though I didn't want to go!!

The shift for me was in recognizing that I truly do love meeting new people and getting to know them: what they do, where they have lived, what they like, etc. I realized that for me, I get great satisfaction in just plain talking with people!

The other element that shifted was the realization that for me to truly enjoy people, I needed to focus on them and not me, myself, and I! The tri-polar focus needed to go!!!

Once I was able to square these things up in my life, I really love the small group dealio! Besides, like I found out yesterday, Mathias is a great cook!!!! Dude, the shrimp things flat out rocked!!!!! I met Gwen who actually knows a bunch of people that my wife knows. Gwen and my wife had never bet before. I learned that Chris says that if I ever get a chance to go to Egypt and check out the pyramids and such, that it is a trip of a lifetime!

I had a total blast!!

Good times!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: