Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's What You Make It

When you live in the Pacific Northwest, you learn very quickly to deal with cool, wet, and sometimes downright nasty weather. I'm a native of this state, but having lived for six years in Northern California, I must say, I fell in love with the weather and look of Sacramento! I never would have believed that I would love hot weather......100+ was great!

That was then, this is now.

I heard one guy say that we had summer this year on a Thursday. He was probably correct. Summer never hit and now we are heavy into the Fall. Even though it's cool and wet and cloudy, it's what you make it that counts.

A couple of weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon, we decided to take the dog for a walk in the pouring down rain. We took the umbrellas, the dog, put on the ski jackets, and off we went. Didn't see another soul walking outside. Had the sidewalk and the park and the street all to ourselves. We had a great time! The coffee was stupendous, the dog was thrilled, and it was one of those times when everything that happened in that hour was great.


I have to give all the credit to my wife and youngest daughter for the great time. I didn't want to go because it was raining!!!

It's what you make it.

MTC! (maketodaycount)

Mark

1 comment:

critnshelby said...

Love the website, plus I enjoyed reading your blog. See you Tuesday night.