Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A dog, a frog, some logs, and a bog

We have a dog.

Our dog doesn't like frogs.

Our dog lives near a bog and a bunch of logs.

Our dog has lots of tree frogs in his yard.

Beau the dog hates the frogs.

How do I know he hates the frogs?

Whenever he gets near them, he gags!

OK, so, I am not even close to Dr. Seuss, but our dog gags at frogs. What a comedy!
He will go up to them sniff them and then gag! It is really funny to watch. He even
gagged when grandma put an earth worm up to his face. The dog needs help!

He doesn't eat them. He doesn't put them in his mouth. He just gets curious and
puts his nose down where they are and viola! Let the gags begin.

The gagging dog trick is not dissimilar we humans. We all have certain
things that we like and certain things that make us, well, queasy. It might be an environment,
or a certain food or a type of people. But that is what makes life great, isn't it? Nobody is
exactly the same. I have likes that you might dislike and vice versa. All we have to do is go into
any convenience store and look at all the choices of sodas. I know there had to be somebody somewhere at sometime that had great insight and said: "We only need two sodas in our store!"

Back to the dog.

The funny thing is that with our dog, it's not his fault he gets freaked out with the frogs. It's not the frog's problem; it's just hangin' in the cool moist grass or on the leaf of the shrub. I'm glad Beau is Beau. I'm glad the frog is the frog. I'm glad you are you and I'm glad I am me!!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: