Monday, October 29, 2007

COLORS

I love the colors of Fall!

My daughter and I went over to Wenatchee for a couple of days and the colors of the leaves were stunningly vibrant! What a beautiful time of year. What was totally interesting was that in some places it appeared as if the sun was shining on a hillside, but in actuality it was the vivid colors. Man, were they ever loud for being so silent!

The whole trip made me think of the seasons of life. We get older. Our children grow up. And in all of it, hopefully, we have produced over time, some familial traditions and seasonal 'givens' that have great value, that our children will carry on with their children. Seasons have a way of doing that.

As seasons change, God's creation is gearing up for the next season; getting ready; preparing itself. I'm kind of doing the same thing: planning, preparing, getting ready...but the bottom line is that the colors of the season I am in are absolutely beautiful. They are just as gorgeous as previous ones. It's a great season.

I'm lovin' the colors!


MTC!

Mark

No comments: