Sunday, September 30, 2007

Never Again!

I was talking with one of my neighbors the other day and found out he is totally into hunting. He loves to bow hunt. We talk a bunch and he told me of some land he just went in on with a friend. He has never seen the property, but knew it would be great deal. The land is located is in a real booming area, on a lake, and will be snatched up in no time at all.

"Never again," he said in reference to missed opportunities to score big on land deals that he had not pulled the trigger on in the past.

Even though he has never seen the land, he knows it to be a good deal. He'll go and check it out sometime in the near future.

Even though he has never seen the land, he didn't want to pass up this opportunity.

It made me think.

Even though we can't see some things, we know they are good deals. We know they are good deals because we have missed the opportunities to invest in them before.

Love is a good deal.
Compassion is a good deal.
Empathy is a good deal.
Service is a good deal.
Laughter is a good deal.

Just like my friend, he had to act on the opportunity. We need to act on the opportunities that come our way.

Never again will I not love.
Never again will I not have compassion.
Never again will I not have empathy for others.
Never again will I not serve.
Never again will I not laugh!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: