Thursday, September 27, 2007

Obsessed with dirt!

What's up with our obsession with dirt?

You've got your fill dirt, your topsoil dirt, your mulch dirt for your planting beds, you've got your three way mix dirt, you've got clean dirt and dirty dirt!

We take out dirt so that we can bring in more dirt and then put things in the dirt!

If you say dirt for more than 30 seconds, even the word starts to sound like you made it up! Dirt!!

We are putting our back yard in and it will take 30 yards of topsoil for the planting beds and 21 yards of dirt for the lawn. I can believe that we need that much dirt for our little lot.

I do know this, if you don't use the right dirt and if you don't have enough of it, the stuff you put on it and in it doesn't do very good. So, we are getting lots of dirt. This will be our fourth yard we are putting in and I must say that I'm actually bringing in some help to do the dirt.

This dirt thing really wears me out!

When the trucks roll up today and dump their dirt in the street, I will be thinking about how happy the grass and plants will be and how they will grow in the rich dirt. I will also think about how our minds and hearts need to be like the good soil that will be spread today. Good so that they can grow good and beautiful things. We, just like our lawns and planting beds, need to weed and clean up our heart and mind so that the good stuff doesn't get choked out by the bad stuff.

Hey, have a great day! I've got to go and make sure the dirt gets put in the right place!!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: