Friday, February 22, 2008

GOOD TMES

What are the things that stand out in your mind, the really good things from when you were a kid, that you look back with fondness and say, "I remember when....."

Last night was one of those nights as my oldest daughter and me, hooked up with my Dad and one of my brothers and his two kids and went to the Huskies bball game. I remember the first game in Hec Ed that my dad took me to. That was WAY before the re-do! The days before Detlef and Welp. Marv jawin' at the refs. Good times!!!!

As I sat there taking it in, Dad goin' for it on the bag of kettle corn (after a fine dinner at Dick's!), not much has changed in, well, many decades. Some superficial things get a face-lift like Hec Ed, but being with Dad at a Husky game and now being with my daughter and beside her were her two cousins and uncle....pretty good stuff. Even with the Pac-10 officials giving us an uphill battle the mighty W rolled to a win. It was a grand time!!!!

I know for me, I will always remember last night's game. Not for the basketball, but for the joy of being with family and knowing that I was having a great time talking about the past and looking to the future with my daughter, just like my Dad did with me over 30 years ago.

During a time-out, late in a very tight game, Dad leans over towards me and with has hand buried in the bag of kettle corn and his mouth working on the last handfull, he hollers: "You gotta love this!!!"

He wasn't talking about the kettle corn or the game.

Good times!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: