Tuesday, February 5, 2008

BARRICUDAS

What a blast!!

I have the awesome privilege of coaching the world's coolest basketball team.....the BARRICUDAS! Our team consists of 10 girls. We have four sixth graders and six fifth graders (say that 10 times in a row as fast as you can!!!!) The really fun part is that the majority of the girls have never really played any organized basketball before! That is where the 'blast' part comes in! What a trip!!

These girls are so nice and so sweet and they work so hard! I'm totally proud of them! They give it their best effort every time we play. They are getting better each game and their confidence is growing.

Can you remember when you were a kid an you learned a new sport for the very first time? Remember how bizarre it was to try to understand what the coach was talking about and then you had to try to do it? Learning something new is never all that easy.

I'm learning from my team.

I'm learning that these girls are totally precious. They are filled with amazing potential for success. They are filled with optimism for life. They have the ability to love and to accept love. They really do cheer for each other and mean it! They have the most wonderful smiles. I'm learning that making them laugh is far better than ever winning any game. I'm learning that if they can have fun and make new friends, then we will have had a perfect season!

I grew up and still do, love to fish. I just never knew that I would have such a fun time with 10 Barricudas!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: