Tuesday, February 19, 2008

COMEBACK KID

I read today about Bret Boone, the former Seattle M's second baseman, who is attempting a comeback at age 37.

When I first read it, my initial response was, "Dude! The twenty-somethings are going to run circles around you!"

Then I thought about it. That's always a good approach!

Why not?! Why not try a comeback if he wants to! Maybe he's got one year or two left in the tank. Spot a starter and give him a break. The guy won four gold gloves, so he would certainly be able to show the youngsters a thing or two. The guy could swing the bat! Why not!!!!!

The more I thought about it, the more I liked the whole idea. If he gets back up the the bigs, fine. But the cooler thought is hangin' with the minors and showing them what it takes to make it to the bigs and have a huge career.

Do you have a comeback in you? Do you have some gas left in the tank? Maybe somebody needs a somebody to show them what it takes; how it's done; what 'all that' looks like.

Go for it!! Make a comeback!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: