Monday, August 11, 2008

SWEET 16

I knew this day would come, but not this fast. Come on!! I don't consider myself to be old or getting old or any of that nonsense! So how in the world is my baby, 16 years old today????? Are you kidding me?

What a fantastic, phenomonal, talented, gifted, bright, hard working, God loving and God fearing, gorgeous young woman you are. I'm so proud of you, babe. I can't believe you are 16 today, but I can't deny it either. You make your mom and dad so proud. You inspire me and motivate me to be a better person. You are a tremendous encourager and a very, very strong individual. That was obvious from a very little girl on. You freaked me out when, as a 3 year old you would look at me and say, "Dad, I don't love you." You'd grin as I would try to coax out of you a different response and you would just stare me down with this little, well, Joker grin on your face. Messed me up and you knew it. I love that about you. You are tough. You are tender. You are amazing. You are my baby!!

Happy Sweet 16, babe. I love you more than I could ever say or write.

Dad

No comments: