Sunday, April 27, 2008

ONE OF THE HARDEST JOBS IN THE WORLD

You've got your Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, and Ice Road Truckers. Sure, they are tough jobs and it really is amazing to see what situations they must contend with.

But I believe that parenting is one of the toughest jobs a person could ever have.

Some jobs are seasonal. Some jobs fall into a mundane, same-old routine kind of job. Some jobs are even highy glamorous.

Parenting is not seasonal, it is a life long process.

Parenting isn't just dirty, it is sometimes quite nasty!!!

Parenting is never mundane or boring and never falls into the same-0ld-routine category.

Parenting is never glamorous.

Parenting, even though a very difficult job, is the best gig around. Really! My kids make me a better person. They keep me current. They challenge me. They test my compassoin level. They look up to me and see how my faith is doing. They want me to make them laugh and then tell me that was 'lame'!

I still highly value my parents' input into my life. I still look up to them. I wonder how they raised four boys.

Today at Design, we are talking about parenting. It is going to be great! If you can't get there, check out the podcast on our website.

Parenting is tough. Parenting is not a science. I need to get better at it.

MTC!
Mark

No comments: