Monday, April 14, 2008

DRIVEWAY CRASHING

Having spent six years in SUNNY, WARM, even HOT Cali, I picked up a few lessons on life that were really quite fun!

One of those lessons was how to hang out with your neighbors and just talk and be neighbors!

I'll never forget turning the corner into our court on one SPECTACULAR, SUNNY, HOT late afternoon, and being totally surprised to see my neighbors in their beach lawn chairs, sitting in the driveway. The dude was checking out the latest PotteryBarn catalogue!!!

My first thought was total Blue Collar TV type thoughts. Who in the world sits in their driveway in lawn chairs!!!!!!!

Bret and Juree and the kids became some of our dearest friends. You know, life-long, deep, rich in relationship, kind of friends.

But, my buddy Brett taught me the art of driveway crashing. Just grab a cold beverage of choice, a beach lawnchair and crash. Hang out. Chill. Talk. Laugh. Philosophize. Good times!

One day, Brett and I were DC'ing and we were evaluating people who were coming to check out the house that was for sale across the street from his home. Absolutely hilarious!!!!

I do miss DC'ing with my good friends, and I think that is one thing we lack miserably up here in the Western WA because of our cold weather.

I'm hoping for a hot summer and I plan on transporting the whole DC'ing concept to my neighborhood.

Thanks Brett for the schooling!!!

MTC!
mac

No comments: