Friday, April 4, 2008

GREAT PEOPLE

There are certain people in life who make your day brighter and better. They come in all shapes and sizes and personalities. They are the kind of people who have learned from life that you don't need every question answered ahead of time and that sometimes you just figure it out as you go. They have experienced enough diversity and adversity in life that diving in and helping is the point, having 'every duck lined up in a row' is not.

My car broke down the other day, the heater core (now I know what that is!) sprung a leak and I had coolant dripping inside the car. I was in rush hour coming from Bellevue back to Maple Valley. I had the windows down and the steam was belching out of the car. I'm sure somebody was wondering when the car would explode.

Made it home just fine. I was calling around trying to figure out how and when to get it fixed when my wife said I should call a friend of ours..H.C. So I did. He said, 'great! Bring it over.'

H.C. is really a gifted guy. Great mechanic. One of those guys who can look at it and know what everything does and where it goes. I'm looking at it wondering 'what in the world is the first step?' H.C. get's after it and after a few hours of wrestling with a metal bear, get's everything put back together and it runs like new!

H.C. didn't ask 'how', 'why', 'what if', he just said 'Bring it over!'

When we can and we know how to help someone in need, we should.

Thank you H.C.! You rock!!!!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: