Thursday, November 1, 2007

THINGS ARE SELDOM AS THEY APPEAR TO BE

The pantry in our house really began to stink shortly after we moved in!

I mean, like really bad.

It was like something had crawled inside the walls and died.....the size of a rhino!!!

My wife and looked and I had looked, on numerous occasions, but we just couldn't figure it out. And the stink rolled on! It kept getting, well, richer, fuller, deeper, and just plain more ugly and foul.

We hypothesised that during the building process, something either was left in a wall or something got into a wall to rot! We thought it might be the framers, the sheet rockers, the clean-up guys, anybody we could think of.

Leaving the door to the pantry open at night only put a dent into the odor and of course, put the odor all over the house. We had some friends over and I had the husband go and get me a can of something out of the pantry. Yep, he about gagged.

Finally, my wife, took it personally and began hauling out every item that was in that small area. I heard her holler, "There it is!" I panicked! I thought she found the rotting carcass of some small rodent that I really don't care for. So I hollered back, "What is IT?"

IT was a foul, beyond spoiling, decaying into nuclear waste.........onion!

Good grief. An onion.

Well so much for our theories of who did what and how!

So, whenever there is something awry, remember, it might not be as bad as you think. It might only be a rotting onion!

MTC!

Mark

No comments: