Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ALBERT @ WALLY'S

Saturday after Kailee's soccer game, we stopped in at Wally's for a burger and shake. We placed our order and sat down at a table. Next to us was a gentleman and he began talking to me. Usually I start talking to someone, but this guy started in. I really didn't feel like a conversation at the time, but I returned in kind.

At first I couldn't determine if he was just 'simple' or there were deeper issues. He loved sports. He loved hunting. His favorite place to eat was Burger King. Some of his words were difficult to understand. And before long, my entire family was engaged in conversation with this gentleman who loved to talk and loved to laugh.

He has a thriving business. Owns his own home. Doesn't have any family nearby (the closest is in Oregon). He is 62 and looking to retire. His highest level of education: 1st grade. We talked and laughed for an hour.

Some people would view Albert as a person to treat with kindness, but not to be allowed to get too close. I found him to be exhilarating! My kind of guy. Some have said I only have a first grade level of edjubakashun, but boy can I connect with those types!!!! Albert told me the street he lives on....I asked him three times to repeat it. Never did understand him.

Albert has a PhD in discernment. He was as sharp as a tack in areas of life that most people with PhD can't get right. Albert is a very bright person. But at first glance, you would not think that.

I want to find Albert. I want to take him to Burger King and just hang out. Maybe you know him. If you do, let me know where I can find him.

Or maybe, just maybe....Albert was an angel that God knew I needed at that moment. Albert made me laugh and made my family laugh in a way that was rich and deep and fun and honoring and decent and healthy and wholesome. It was cleansing.

God knows what you need and he might just bring an Albert along to give it to you. Accept it.

Thanks God for Albert!

No comments: