Tuesday, January 15, 2008

WHAT WALL IS YOUR LADDER LEANING ON?

I was cogitating on life and the aspect of 'climbing the ladder of success'. A ladder just doesn't hang in mid air waiting for us to climb it. A ladder either supports itself, and if it does, it doesn't go very high, but the one's that go the highest lean against something.

My ladder issues happened over a year ago. I thought I had leaned it against something solid. Nope! As my German grandpa used to say, "Down went my meathouse!" My success in hanging the Christmas lights needed a stable 'something' to lean my ladder against. I thought I had it figured out. I was wrong. My back finally got back to normal after a good 2 1/2 months!

Is success a thought? Accouterments? Title? Number of homes or properties or cars or trips or how much you have in the bank? And can you actually measure success by only focusing upon one or two areas of your life? If I'm successful at my job and picking good stocks, but really stink like garbage with my marriage and my kids am I successful? You can switch those around in the preceding sentence if you'd like and ask the ? again.

Leaning our ladder which we choose to climb to the top of life had better be leaning upon something that is substantial and secure. And it might not be a bad idea to work out, like a lot, because if you can't help others closest to you, up that ladder while you climb, when you get to the top, it's going to be pretty lonely.

I vote for a really tall ladder. A really strong and stable wall. And enough muscles and courage and strength to push my family up that ladder as I climb!

Grab you ladder and let's go for it!!!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: