Thursday, May 7, 2009

Professor Garbage A. Disposal

Are you an inquisitive person? Do you like learning new things?

For an example: some people think they can't fix something because they are afraid they will make the problem worse. Others dive in, figure it out, and learn from the experience and have that much more confidence for the next situation.

My garbage disposal taught me some things the other evening.

It became plugged/clogged/wouldn't drain. It ran fine, but the water would not drain and the combination of broccoli stems, cabbage, and some other vegetable ends (don't have a clue what they were...my wife said they are healthy!), made a real seal inside the disposal and it would not drain!

I tried digging the stuff out. I tried the little miniature plunger. Nothing worked.

Over my dead carcass was I going to pay somebody to unplug my disposal.

After only a few minutes and a real mess in the bucket, the problem was solved.

I'm just glad my wife wasn't home. I don't think she would have let me take stuff apart like I did.

I learned from the professor that night that:
1. Garbage disposals look mean, but they really aren't that bad.
2. I now understand fully why they put plastic piping in certain places in the house.
3. Don't ever quit my day job!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: