Wednesday, December 31, 2008

THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW

Do you ever look back and laugh at how when you were younger, like a kid, some stuff just freaked you out and now that you are 'mature', 'advanced', 'older' it doesn't bother you at all?

We just finished having two weeks of tremendous snow and really cold temps. It was fantastic, but it is good to see the snow get out of here!

During this cold snap, my wife and the girls would find ourselves walking in the cold and snow or sledding in it or just having snow ball fights. During one of these times I remembered back to when I was 8 or 9 and how I would really hate getting cold. Snow in the face, wet gloves, wet feet, shaking cold....I hated it.

Decades later, I'm laughing as my wife and daughters have both of my ears plugged with snow (cheap shots I might add!), I have no hat, my gloves are soaked, my jeans are freezing to my wet legs, and I'm loving it!

What did you used to fear or dread as a kid and now you actually look forward to it?

No comments: