Wednesday, November 26, 2008

INJUSTICE AND A TURKEY


I love to hunt!


Now for all of you that don't and you have PETA on your speed dial, just relax!!


One of my favorite things to hunt is wild turkeys. They are smart. Wary. And are a very beautiful bird.


Given this is the eve of Thanksgiving and most of us will be with family and friends eating a farm raised turkey, the mind obviously gravitates to the whole reason for the day and that is...........thankfulness. No, its not just another day off!



Two words have been rumbling in my head lately: thankfulness and injustice.


I get to celebrate and be with family and have a warm home and more food than should be legal and watch football and just enjoy.....everything!



What if that was all gone? Would I have a thankful disposition? What if I was in a place where injustice prevailed and I had no voice, no protection, no help, no governmental assistance? What if I was a child and there were no adults in my life I could trust and in a place where adults used me as chattel, would I be a thankful person?



'Injustice' is not just missing a meal or needing a winter jacket. Injustice is a dark and grievous thing that needs people everywhere to correct the wrong and make it right. It might be in Mexico or Asia or Africa...every continent is touched by it.



I am a very thankful person today....more so because of how injustice has made me focus and a huge need and the help of a turkey to make me pause long enough to really evaluate how blessed I am.



I am asking God what I can do to help destroy injustice.



MTC!

Mark






No comments: