Wednesday, December 19, 2007

HERE WE GO!!!

GENTLEMEN......START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!!

Here we go guys, depending on when you open presents, you are down to a max of six days!!!

We finished up our shopping, mostly, on Sunday afternoon and into the night! How is it that one can hike all over the woods or mountains and not be too tired, but a guy spends six hours at the mall and is ready for medical help??????

I must tell you, I had a blast! Having all ladies in my home, shopping is one thing that is they totally love to do. And on Sunday I really had a good time. The reason is that it reminded me of how we would make a big deal out of Christmas shopping when I was a little boy. Dad, four brothers, and mom would pile into he Oldsmobile 98 and make short time of the drive from Arlington to Southcenter. We'd hit the mall, synchronize our watches, pick a time and a place to meet up again (usually two to three hours later), send mom on her way and then we boys would hang with dad and hit: Orange Julius, See's Candies, and as many other "Hey, let's try one of those..." kind of establishments!!!!

The bottom line is just being together and having fun with each other and making a special time out of this most special time of the year! We did it as little boys and now I'm doing it decades later with my kids and having a blast!

We will do it all again when we take everything back!!!!!

Have a great day!

MTC!
Mark

No comments: