Monday, March 8, 2010

HOW TO BUILD A CAR IN THREE HOURS!


Totally amazing! My daughter and me (with the help of my wife) built a car that propels itself! We did it in about three hours! OK, so the thing can't carry people or anything at all, but it still runs...for about 20 feet!


We built a mousetrap car!! I'm sure many of you have had to build one of these, but this is the first mousetrap car effort for this family. Not sure how our oldest daughter missed this drill, but she didn't have to do one in her 8th grade year.


Now here is the reason this is significant: I'm really not good at this stuff and my wife is. She is like her dad: can do just about anything by thinking about it and drawing it out....sometimes only in her head. She is very talented and makes me look like, well, a real loser!!!


So, given that my wife had quite a few things to get done yesterday, it fell upon me to assist the youngest with her project. As the child received the news that mom was busy, I could hear her mutter to her mother "Oh, brother!"


Fortunately, mom and daughter had started the project and it was underway with enough prior planning so that I could come waltzing in and claim the victory! We finished the car. It works! And now I'm ready for MIT!


Kudos to mom and daughter for a job well done!!!!

No comments: