Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What A Machine!

My wife hollered for me to come and get the spider!

She is deathly afraid of them. One had made a bummer of a move and
showed up on the wall at the worst time....when she was walking by.

So, I meander up the stairs and here is this tiny, little spider. I was able
to get it into my hands and he wiggled free, hanging by its thread!

After I got him back into my hands he became damaged goods.

As I was walking to the sink to rinse off my hands, I felt this single thread
of a web brushing against one of the hairs on the back of my hand (sounds
gross!). It startled me! It actually felt like something much larger than
a single strand from that teeny tiny spider.

I couldn't beleive that one single thread from that single little spider could
make such a commotion of nerve impulses as it brushed against a single
hair on my hand! Blew me away as I thought about the thousands if not
tens of thousands of electrical charges taking place within my body and
brain just from one single spider web thread touching my hand.

The Bible says that we are '..fearfully and wonderfully made.'

Fo sho!

The next time you think about it, thank God for your one-of-a-kind
machine called your body!

God does good work!!!

No comments: